Friday, May 3, 2024

T-2 days - Beginning to begin....Heading West

 May 3 - Raff, Bill, and I flew out on the same flight today; Stuart enjoys driving across the country and made the trek last week with his bike and Raff/Bill's in his truck. See his fancy bed cover that he built just for this trip: (yep, we will be this classy all the way back across the country).

No issues heading to this coast, but I sense that more effort will be needed to get back to the other side... The weather in LA is good, and there is very little humidity. We will meet the other riders tomorrow and have orientation, bike check, etc. Special thanks to Drew for helping me get my bike properly packed and secured for the plane - everything looks fine, and we'll ride a little tomorrow to make sure all of our bikes are ready after travel/packing.

The quote for today comes from HG Wells: "Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the human race." So, if you see a cyclist, wave to them and smile!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts...

June 26 We drove home from Boston on Sat/Sun, and the transition from seeing the roads as a cyclist versus driving a car was a little bizarr...