Thursday, June 20, 2024

Day 40- Brattleboro, VT > Burlington, MA (91 miles)

 June 20


The route (note Los Angeles way over on the left):



Tighter view (for the lawyers):


Gradient:

I'll be brief today and will get a longer update in on Friday...the ride today was hot as blazes, but we had a great day overall. We crossed into New Hampshire almost immediately, and then we had the opportunity to climb for about 20-25 miles. We crossed into Massachusetts about 40 miles into the ride, and there is truth to term Massholes as it relates to their drivers. I had my first flat of the trip today, and we plugged it with no issue. Well, then we got to the SAG and decided to trim up the plug and the plug came out. Then, we had to put three more plugs in it to get it to seal. Lesson learned was to not try to trim the plug with crappy scissors and leave it alone if it is working. I would still HIGHLY recommend tubeless tires, and the proof is obvious in our group of 4...we had 30-35 flats total, and only one was on the tubeless tires. 

We rolled into the hotel in time to shower and clean up the rooms for our wives to arrive. We had the banquet tonight, and I'll talk more about today after we finish the ceremonial ride to the ocean in the morning. I have a bunch of photos that I'll post tomorrow...

Thanks so much for blowing up my phone today with well wishes...talk tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Judd & Raff and the rest of the entourage! I’ve really enjoyed tracking you across the country. Very proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, didn’t mean to be anonymous, this is Ron Henning.

      Delete
  2. You guys are studs!!! Ocean in Mass should be about 60 degrees. I recommend more than dipping just the toes. JW

    ReplyDelete

Final thoughts...

June 26 We drove home from Boston on Sat/Sun, and the transition from seeing the roads as a cyclist versus driving a car was a little bizarr...